Digital School Solution (DSS) is a concept that captures the vision of digitalizing a school’s learning and management
system to equip students with 21st century competencies and skill sets. The world is changing rapidly and skill sets
needed are also revolving. Traditional schools that are not equip to incorporate 21st century competencies and skill
sets will no longer be enough to support the increasingly diverse and innovation-oriented societies of the future.
In view of the global recognition of innovative education programs for school level, Eduspec believes in integrating education technology with relevant content and pedagogy into the education system by preparing the young for the 21st century workforce. Digital School aims to equip students with knowledge and skill sets that will enable them to be successful in their future roles
Digital School Solution (DSS) 1.0
The Digital School Solution (DSS) 1.0 consists of digital classrooms that feature basic projection,
computer + console and other visual equipment that enables teachers to display e-content for teaching
and learning in a developing school environment. This basic core requirement allows a school to rise
from the traditional delivery methods and set path on digital teaching and learning through digitally
translated content by either teacher or available e-published content.
Typically, this Digital Classroom has the following:
- LCD Projector and basic multimedia equipment (speakers)
- Teacher computer installed in furniture console
- Professional Development on productivity tools
- e-Content available from Eduspec or partner publishers
Digital School Solution (DSS) 2.0
Teachers and digital learners, Digital School Solution (DSS) 2.0 allowed digital interaction with more systems, e-content, hardware, software,
guardian and public stakeholders. It is a total and comprehensive solution that integrates all the ICT components in schools. Our “Digital School”
is an integrated platform that seamlessly integrates the school management, teaching and learning processes and content delivery into a single,
unified school system.
This solution gears towards the 21st century learning with the option of 1 to 1 computing. With the total combined 40-year experience with our partners in providing various ICT solutions and services to schools, we believe that we could assist the school towards achieving the objectives of a fully digital school.
Typically, the Digital School Solution (DSS) 2.0 consists the following:
- Learning Management System
- School Management System
- Interactive Whiteboards for Lesson Instruction
- Digital Materials and Interactive Content
- Comprehensive Support & Maintenance
- Professional Development for Teachers and IT Staff
- Professional Services (Project Management, System Integration, Consultancy)
Digital School Solution (DSS) 3.0
Through the evolution of Digital School Solutions 1 and 2, Eduspec has the momentum of professional experience and knowledge to help schools incubate a customer learning environment solution. That solution not only helps them sustain through time, but also allows them to differentiate as an institution into the 21st-century education. Each school has their unique DNA of competencies based on their history, ICT Master Plans, and curriculum. Eduspec recognizes this valuable school culture in providing the best solution for the school campus and beyond, to reach the requirements of all stakeholders.
The Digital School Solution is truly an integration solution that scales to the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) infrastructural growth of the school, while teacher capacity building is the main focus of the Digital School environment. Teaching methodologies and approaches steer the choice of ICT tools to be used in the classroom, which results to retaining the core purpose and mission of the school – teaching and learning comes first.
Digital School Solution 3.0 embraces the value of school pedagogies in the curriculum to universally select the right digital tools or features for teachers to independently create content that have been either translated or transformed from core curriculum. This is the true value in harnessing education technologies moving towards the 21st Century Competencies in teaching with innovative pedagogies. This approach will complement how digital natives (students) can fully exploit their individual learning styles with various engagement methods.
The goals of this digital school cultural movement are:
- To assist and support the sustainable development of interactive e-content with the proposed new version of LMS. This will allow students to access digitally mastered materials beyond the walls of the classroom or intranet campus to complement the way they learn best
- To provide flexible learning environment (flexible learning spaces) to allow teachers to conduct lesson experimentations with the use of education technologies. This will support the school’s strategic thrust to enhance teaching and learning experience that is organically progressive
- To be based on the pedagogies practiced by each individual teacher, the proposed solution offers a comprehensive teacher training programme to obtain education technology knowledge and skills to efficiently and effectively deliver 21st-century lessons that includes multi-modal learning experience for students. This is achieved through the lesson experimentation framework process towards content pedagogical innovations, which results in nurturing schools to build its own e-content intellectual property.
- To support teachers with just-in-time e-content development and ad-hoc training to education technologies with Eduspec’s dedicated on-site specialists.
- To engage, excite, and increase relevance for school stakeholders in teaching and learning.
- To propose learning environment that builds upon existing school infrastructure (network and bandwidth) with the provision to scale upwards with accordance to the growth of the school’s ICT Master Plan objectives
- To capture teaching and student data for evaluation and control, which will serve as, evidence towards measuring of the goals of this proposed solution. It’s also for the means to scaffold towards the next phase in ICT investment